Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Half of my screen dark on my TCL 55FS3850

Jump to solution

I’ve owned my television for about two years and recently the left side of the screen went dark, I could still see the picture but it was noticeably darker on the left side, however the right side was normal.

This went on for a couple of weeks with me researching and trying to figure out if anyone else have had the same issue, I was actually going to purchase a new television today when this morning I turned  the television on and the left side is normal with just a hint of darkening in a small portion down the center.

Is this a software issue, and hardware issue or something else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Half of my screen dark on my TCL 55FS3850

Jump to solution

@gprez2006 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This appears to be a hardware issue with your Roku TV. 

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@gprez2006 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This appears to be a hardware issue with your Roku TV. 

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Was your tv ever fixed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7