Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HDCP Error with Roku Soundbar

I read all of the comments but I did not see a solution. The Roku soundbar is the problem. Roku ultra works. I have a Samsung TV. There are 2 HDMI ports. I tried them both. One is labeled HDMI IN 2 (MHL&DVI). The other is labeled HDMI IN 1 (STB). I have also connected the optical cable. I get 020 errors and sometimes 032 errors. I also get black screens during a movie. None of these things happen with the roku ultra that I have on 3 other TVs. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@StanW 

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing a HDCP Error with those error codes, we would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have already done the suggested steps several times. Also, all of the posts prior to mine have also followed the steps. There seems to be an issue between the Roku soundbar and Samsung TV. Also, I mentioned the two HDMI ports on the TV. Neither are ARC. Which one should I use?  Also, I had previously used a Roku Ultra with this TV. Do I have to do something before switching to the soundbar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Do yourself a favor, if you can return the soundbar then do it. If it’s incompatible with your tv you have two options, replace the TV or remove the sound bar (FYI: a standard Roku works fine without issues).

I’ve tried everything and I’m a big proponent of Roku. I have/had 8 or so and all work fine with the Samsung TV. In fact I just removed the sound bar today and will only be using it for outdoor movies via a projector (incredibly frustrating). There’s no point throwing away a perfectly good 65” TV...

It’s disappointing, as it seems Roku have no interest is trying to solve this, as I can only summarize it’s a niche issue. Kinda **bleep** no one reached out with any useful diagnostic efforts - and I own stock in the company too.

TJ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@StanW 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps provided by our Support page, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: HDCP Error 20 with Roku Soundbar

It seems that everybody has the same problem error code 20 on the roku sound bar have done everything suggested and even had support ship me a replacement but the replacement does the same thing intermittent but I'm getting tired of pulling my TV out to unplug the HDMI's and power cables.   You would think a common problem like this Roko could find a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HDCP Error 20 with Roku Soundbar

@RichardHunker 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass along your concerns to our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos