Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonibelle
Binge Watcher

Getting Local Broadcast TV Channels to view

My new Roku tv that was purchased in June 2023 does not have either one of the solutions shown here.  The expert shows after Live TV to select Hide streaming TV channels which is not there.  The customer said after Live TV to select Manage Channels which also is not there.  The only choices I have after clicking Live TV are Set up Input, Rename or Remove.  When I click Set up input a message pops up below that states "If you have an antenna or cable connected to this TV, then select Set up input and afterwards you'll be able to watch the local TV broadcasts!!!!  The whole reason to even have Roku is to eliminate an antenna or subscription to cable!  Surely there's a way to get around this.  Also, my other tv which has a separate Roku does not work either.  HELP!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting Local Broadcast TV Channels to view

@Tonibelle, to watch broadcast TV you need an antenna.  Until every broadcast station enables a live Internet stream (not likely to ever happen), this will be the case.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Re: Getting Local Broadcast TV Channels to view

You cannot watch local broadcast without an antenna.  I don’t remember anyone ever saying if you get a Roku tv you will no longer need one.  

If you do not want an antenna or cable tv, then you will need to find a way to stream local tv channels to your tv or Roku device.  It would be better to just get an antenna IMO.  

0 Kudos