Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drewex
Level 7

Getting 4k Computer connected with HDMI 2.1 to a 65S425

Jump to solution

Hello All, I recently bought 65S425 and just got my hdmi cable upgraded just to get the 4k to work. My graphic card is a radeon hd 5450. I setup my hdmi input as a computer and set it to hdmi 2.0 input. I restarted the TV per some suggestions and got the most recent updates on roku side as well. I can get 1080p with 120hz to work without a problem. 

Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drewex
Level 7

Re: Getting 4k Computer connected with HDMI 2.1 to a 65S425

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the replies. Its the graphics card causing the problem. I tried another PC and that worked fine. sorry for the late reply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@drewex 

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not quite sure what issue you're encountering, but that model of Roku TV is not capable of 120Hz refresh rate. That may explain the issue you are seeing if you're trying to send that signal format. I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer for more information about the specifications of their TV and any other questions you may have. You can locate TCL's contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I connect my work laptop to my Sharp 4K Roku TV, and get 2160/30 without an issue. I can't say if my laptop is capable of 4k/60, but my guess is it's not supported. It's a workstation with a Quadro video card, not a media player. But for my purposes (teleworking) 4K/30 is more than enough. If it's 4K/60 you're trying to get, I don't think that card supports it. From what I could find online, it supports DVI: 2560 x 1600 / VGA: 2048 x 1536. I have the same card in my HTPC, which is mainly used for OTA recording, not video playback. I just checked and it's only reporting 1920x1080, and it's connected to an HDMI 2.0/4K AVR and TV. That is a very low end video card, and just can't support that resolution. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
drewex
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the replies. Its the graphics card causing the problem. I tried another PC and that worked fine. sorry for the late reply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos