Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SS7
Level 7

Frustrated with Updates

The latest firmware deleted my cable channels for days and now the latest update has the HDMI inputs not working for my Firestick nor do the internal apps for NETFLIX, YouTube, HULU, or even the Roku app on the 50" 4K UHD TV Model:100012585. After multiple resets and talking to customer service and now the issue is being blamed on my internet provider, even though everything was working fine until the latest firmware updates, I am taking this 4 month old TV back and never purchasing a Roku product again. Sorry Roku, enough is enough...! Test your updates not my patience before launching them...

2 REPLIES 2\
Chlom09
Level 7

Re: Frustrated with Updates

My channels disappeared. When I try to add them back it tells me not enough space. 

Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Frustrated with Updates

I agree. I've seen flakiness in updates. A update two days ago makes me have to change Live TV channels one at a time (holding the remote button down doesn't do anything. I have to release and press over and over.).

In another thread, people are having a green screen when watching streaming channels. It goes away when factory reset. Comes back within 2 days (obviously when the tv is updated again). That's been going on for MONTHS.

I just updated my Amazon review to warn people away from TCL/Roku. How can a company put so little effort into BASIC testing their updates? It's stunning. It's like I share my tv with a hacker.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.