Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Digital Antenna picture and sound not displaying on Roku TV

Jump to solution

My 65" TCL Roku tv has been working fine since I bought it at WalMart a couple of months ago. But now, the live local channels I was getting from the digital channels are not appearing.

The Roku / TCL channel indicator gives me 3 bars as if I am receiving the signal. I can see the program listings, and the name of the program appears with the channel indicator at the bottom of the screen -- BUT there is no sound and no picture.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Digital Antenna picture and sound not displaying

Jump to solution

Remember that the FCC channel repack is going on, and your local stations might have moved to a new frequency. Try rescanning for new channels and see if they appear again. I had to do that about a month ago for our area. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Remember that the FCC channel repack is going on, and your local stations might have moved to a new frequency. Try rescanning for new channels and see if they appear again. I had to do that about a month ago for our area. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do you reset when you can’t see the screen 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Ella7542 wrote:

How do you reset when you can’t see the screen 

You can do a hard reset using the recessed button on the Roku device. Depending on the device, it's usually somewhere near the power connection. You need something small that can reach inside the case to press the button. A straightened paper clip usually works the best. Hold the button for a minimum of 30 seconds (not one second less) while it's powered up and it will reset to fresh out of the box condition. If you still get nothing displayed on the screen, try a different TV (assuming we aren't talking about a Roku TV). Still nothing, then it's likely defective. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Digital Antenna picture and sound not displaying on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I saw a post that said to unplug the power for at least 2 minutes and that finally worked for me. I also removed the usb memory stick because it seemed to stop the channel guide from working.  Will try another one later.

0 Kudos