Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_Ravago
Level 8

Couldn't Add Netflix on Roku TV! Not Enough Space please remove channel.

Hi,

We have a TCL Roku TV.   Whenever we see this message "Couldn't Add Netflix! Not Enough Space please remove channel" , we can resolve it by unplugging and re-plugging the TV.  But now, it wont stop showing the messages even if we deleted applications on the TV.  Do you have work around for this? Do you know why does it happen?

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Ryan_Ravago
Level 8

Re: Couldn't Add Netflix! Not Enough Space please remove channel.

Anyone? Please help Roku?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

How many channels are installed on Roku tv?
Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ryan_Ravago
Level 8

I think its almost 200 channels...
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue that you are experiencing may be related to space issues on your RokuTV. Freeing up space on your RokuTV may resolve the issue that you are seeing.

You can do this by:
1) Remove any unused channels from your device.
2) Factory reset your device. If you need assistance with this, steps are outlined here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-
3) Link your device back to your account.
4) Add the channels that you are trying to use.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 11

I do not own a Roku TV, but I have never run into a limit on a Roku player. At one time I had (would you believe?) over 1100 channels on my Roku LT. It slowed down a lot, but the channel apps still worked. When I first got my Roku LT, I was like a kid in a candy store and added about anything that was free, I might want to watch. After a while, it just took too long to go through the channels and many I had not looked at in months. I have about 350 now and they are fine.
clucas
Level 7

Roku TV Netflix app - Install error "Not enough space to add the selected channel(s)"

I have a new TCL Roku TV and am having difficulty installing the Netflix app -- I continually get a message that "There is not enough space to add the selected channel(s)." My Roku TV is linked to another Roku 3 device in my home on the same account and which already has the Netflix app installed.  Seeing that as a potential conflict, I've unlinked that device from my account; did a system update (v9.2.2); restarted the Roku TV; unplugged/plugged-in the TV, waited then re-attempted the Netflix install with the same result. (There are a total of 9 apps on the Roku TV, so the error is false).  I see this same error reported here with no clear path to a solution.  Will try a factory reset tonight, but not optimistic based on others' reports (here and elsewhe

Spoke with Roku chat support last night and provided the below screen shot.  I am told someone will get back to me, but they could not provide a timeframe.  

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

results.IMG_4372.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Notwenaivilo
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Netflix app - Install error "Not enough space to add the selected channel(s)"

Just bought a brand new TCL Roku tv 5 series and getting the same error when trying to add Netflix. Only Netflix though. I have only 3 other apps installed, so I know for sure there’s plenty of space. 

0 Kudos
clucas
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Netflix app - Install error "Not enough space to add the selected channel(s)"

@Notwenaivilo, I never heard back from Roku Support last week, but resolved this on my own by doing a factory reset.  I was skeptical since I've read about other users with this issue who did not have success with a factory reset.  Disappointed I never heard back from Roku Support as I was promised last week. 

Jchil
Level 7

I just bought a TCL Roku TV 55r625 and it's doing the same thing. I can add other channels no problem but not Netflix.