Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Connecting Bluetooth Speakerphone to ROKU TV

Is my understanding correct in saying that if I were to install the Roku Wireless Speakers, I would then be able to successfully install a Bluetooth Speakerphone System (used for conference calling)?  My aim is to have a Bluetooth speakerphone system installed, but I'd like to understand if this is even possible.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Connecting Bluetooth Speakerphone to ROKU TV

It will pair with any bluetooth audio output device. Of course it's only unidirectional so you can't talk back in through it. Whether you hear both sides of the conversation depends on if the speakerphone sends both sides of the conversation out over bluetooth. Can you check with that speakerphone manufacturer on that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi @fujifilm 

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "both sides of the conversation".  Here's a link to the speakerphone I'm looking at buying.  Basically I'm trying to hook up a wireless microphone system to my Roku TV for conference calls.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Speakerphone-Conference-Microphone-Self-Adaptive/dp/B07CSRB6SH/ref=...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

No, it won't work. Because that speaker system is a receiver, just like the Roku Soundbar, they both receive bluetooth signals. Neither of them transmit bluetooth signals. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

As Tivoburkee said, it's just a receiver. I looked at some of the Q&A's on the product link you sent me and this one covers it.

"Can a headset be used with just one of the speakers when both are in use with bluetooth or will it ... 

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks @fujifilm & @Tivoburkee for the help.  Are you aware of any wireless microphone system one could use with a Roku TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Perhaps this article could be of help to you. I noticed while I searched that several places said that bluetooth just doesn't work great with microphones, so there's that.
And remember bluetooth range is about 30 feet in the best of cases. I searched for WIRELESS BLUETOOTH MICROPHONES on google and found a few. Good luck!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos