Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benherrmann
Channel Surfer

Can I use 2 ROKU boxes (or sticks) on the same TV using different video inputs?

Hello all...

This might seem like a strange question, but please bear with me.

My direct question is if I can connect two ROKU boxes (or sticks) to the same TV using different video inputs? 

The reason I ask is that with one of the apps I love watching - ACORN TV - one of my ROKU sticks does not do well with that app, often dropping out of the movie and returning to the Acorn home page.  However, when I use another ROKU box, this issue does not occur. 

With the ROKU stick, all of my other apps work superbly except ACORN - however, with the ROKU box, everything works.

This then begged the question about being able to connect two ROKU boxes to the same TV (each with a different video input) so that when I want to watch ACORN, I can switch to that particular box.

I've already tried everything - my ROKU is set to 4K and attached to a SAMSUNG 4K TV.  I've rebooted the ROKU stick a half-dozen times and made sure any software were updated - all to no avail.  My WiFi connection is rock solid (1 Gig download speeds - fiber optic cable).  I've already contacted Acorn help about this and they are researching this.

But that begs the question as to why the Acorn App works perfectly fine with the ROKU box (square), but has difficulties with the stick?

Any suggestions here?

Ben Herrmann

Fuquay-Varina, NC

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can I use 2 ROKU boxes (or sticks) on the same TV using different video inputs?

Yes, as long as they are using RF remotes paired to a specific Roku. Your stick is RF remote only, so it should be OK.

Also, what model Roku stick is it? You can go to Settings/About to get the exact model number. It may be getting old and no longer properly supported.

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can I use 2 ROKU boxes (or sticks) on the same TV using different video inputs?

Sorry. Meant Settings/System/About to find the model number.

0 Kudos