Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avie

Buzzing noise coming from TV when turned off

Jump to solution

When I turn off my TV either a sleep timer or just with the remote it buzzes really loud from the speakers and doesn’t turn off for an hour. It’s been like this since I got the TV. I’ve tried restarting it and it does not work. In order to turn off the noise the TV is making it has to be unplugged. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buzzing noise coming from TV when turned off

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Avie!

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with the audio of your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you. This problem may be caused by defective hardware or incorrect audio settings. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to determine if they make any difference.

1. Go to Home, then Settings, then System, and select System Restart.
  2. Press the Star button on your remote while playing any content on Roku.
  3. Select Sound settings.
  4. Use the plus-shaped directional pad in the center of your Roku remote to switch the Volume mode to the desired setting.

- Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

Please let us know if following these steps helped to resolve the issue. We will be happy to assist you further. 

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buzzing noise coming from TV when turned off

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Avie!

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with the audio of your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you. This problem may be caused by defective hardware or incorrect audio settings. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to determine if they make any difference.

1. Go to Home, then Settings, then System, and select System Restart.
  2. Press the Star button on your remote while playing any content on Roku.
  3. Select Sound settings.
  4. Use the plus-shaped directional pad in the center of your Roku remote to switch the Volume mode to the desired setting.

- Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

Please let us know if following these steps helped to resolve the issue. We will be happy to assist you further. 

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.