Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Augiewogs
Level 7

Brand new Onn Roku TV stops working during setup

I just bought this Onn Roku TV yesterday. I started setting it up, connecting it to my WiFi. It then asked to start a system update. I of course agreed to it and then left the room, since updates usually take a few minutes. I come back to see the display on, but completely black. There’s still sound, and the remote is still working, but no display. I don’t have any children and nothing hit the TV, so I don’t know what’s wrong. I’ve tried to restart the tv and left it unplugged all night. Yet, nothing is working. Help would be much appreciated because if I can’t get it working I’ll just return the TV tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Brand new Onn Roku TV stops working during setup

@Augiewogs 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes, then plugging it back in resolved the issue you are experiencing. We would recommend trying that troubleshooting step to see if that helps what you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Augiewogs
Level 7

Re: Brand new Onn Roku TV stops working during setup

As I said in my original message, I already tried that. I tried to restart it, I tried keeping it unplugged for 12 hours actually, and nothing worked. So I returned it and got a better brand, sorry. 

0 Kudos