Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottie69

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

This happened to our tv. The screen went black but sound works. I did everything to try to reset it. I called TCL and was told my tv wasn’t under warranty because they only offer a year warranty (which I paid for) but my tv is 3 years old. They told me there is nothing they can do. I will not purchase from them again because they only offer a year warranty and through a little research it seems to be a very common problem with their TVs. They tend to malfunction after 2 years but they only offer a year warranty. 

Pecollins

Re: Cracked tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

My tv fell on its own and now it looks like something Punctured it and now there are lines all over the TV can you help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Scottie69 

Thanks for the post.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pecollins 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErikS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes hello.  I contacted support and after a few hoops they sent me a refurbished TCL tv, similar model to the one I had.  I'm not optimistic the refurbished TV will last but it's working now.  I was happy they were able to send it as my original TV was out of warranty, still the refurbished one has a few issues, one is it flickers a bit when I turn it on and the picture settings change frequently by themselves but hey it was free

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So they sent you a unit that was returned due to software problems. Not exactly outstanding customer service. 

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Where does this info come from that unplugging for 5-10 solves the problem? You repeatedly recommend this and everyone responds that it does not work. Were you instructed to keep pushing this solution even though there is no evidence that it works? 

Shante

Jump to solution

Roku TV suck please do not buy I plan to boycott this sale of merchandise

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Really? How exactly do you plan on boycotting the sale of this product? If you’ve got a plan count me in. If you’re just talking **bleep** then never mind.

Jump to solution

I honestly liked the brand Tcl Roku tv but I’ve been reading that their quality of products are defective and don’t last that long because of the LEDs and I’ve been experiencing this same problem, I took my 65’ inch tcl roku tv  to a repair shop trying to keep the tv but the replacement led didn’t even last a month , just very sad with the quality