Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ematheny

Black screen, no solutions, DO SOMETHING!

The screen is black and y’all keep recommending people do things that CLEARLY ARE NOT WORKING! Post an actual solution! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Black screen, no solutions, DO SOMETHING!

@Ematheny, your TV is most likely broken and no software update could possibly fix it.  If you can see a picture on your screen using a bright light the TV's backlight has most likely failed.  It really has nothing to do with it being a Roku TV.  Contact the manufacturer, but they will probably tell you there isn't anything they will do if it's out of warranty.  You can research how to fix backlight issues (that plague all cheap TVs and expensive ones too, for that matter), but it's not something the average user will want to take on.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

About all you can do is unplug it overnight and hope it works when you try it again.  If it does, turn down the brightness and you may get more life out of it.

Sorry to give you the bad news, but Roku isn't going to fix your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.