Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeckyBeem84
Reel Rookie

Annoying Pop-up Menu

Jump to solution
Every few seconds, a menu bar pops up/down w/several boxes: Triple XD, Smart Mobile Link. MCI 120, Metalic Design, Full HD, Dolby... Only appears on one of my tv's. I need to make it stop. Help!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mnichols

Re: Annoying Pop-up Menu

Jump to solution

This is LG store mode. Follow instructions here https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1328030090165-menu-settings to set TV mode Standard. Somehow ours got switched too

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It might help if we knew which Model and make tv you have.

Does this happen while in the Roku app or???

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
BeckyBeem84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
It is an LG tv, don't know the model. Occurs in Hulu, Prime, Netflix...
0 Kudos
TaraM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have an LG tv and the exact same thing is happening to me, it blocks captioning which we use and the screen. Every 60 seconds and you have to manually turn it off. I’m getting really frustrated that I’ve been searching and searching how to turn this off, and getting nowhere. Just started maybe Saturday night.

0 Kudos
Mnichols

Jump to solution

Happening here too. We have an LG 42LB5600. No other devices plugged in and I can't dismiss it. Happens during movies and renders all TV watching unusable.

Started this week I think. On Roku v9.2.0 build 4807. 

Privacy settings ad changes had no effect nor restarting system.

0 Kudos
Mnichols

Jump to solution

This is LG store mode. Follow instructions here https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1328030090165-menu-settings to set TV mode Standard. Somehow ours got switched too

MarissaM16

Jump to solution

How do I fix this without wifi? I cannot complete the steps on the site given without wifi and I sick of this pop up menu. I'm going to return the while TV over it. It's that annoying

johnr1

Jump to solution

every 90 seconds on left hand side if screen a box shows up that says Roku TV followed by icons that say Tech Specs, Simple Home Screen, 500,000 Movies, Search and Free Roku Mobile app. 

it's a Roku Element TV

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@johnr1 wrote:

every 90 seconds on left hand side if screen a box shows up that says Roku TV followed by icons that say Tech Specs, Simple Home Screen, 500,000 Movies, Search and Free Roku Mobile app. 

it's a Roku Element TV

Same answer as above. Your TV is in store mode, or it might be labeled demo mode. Search the settings menu and you should find it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
FrancoH

Re: Annoying Pop-up Menu started 09/23/2021

Jump to solution

I am getting the same annoying pop up and I dont have an LG tv. I have a 9 year old samsung and the roku ultra is my source.

Uttaslim

Internet@tv

Ledtv

Iy takes up the bottom.e third of the screen when it pops