Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsleads

2021 75" TCL ROKU TV Backlighting works, sound works (Out of warranty, no help from TCL).

Hi There. I have a 2021 TCL 75s535 roku TV. Over the past week it started buzzing on the right side (facing) during very dark or black scenes. I made an adjustment in settings that I read about and it helped about 80%

Now today the TV turns on and I can tell the backlights are working and the sound is on but I have a black screen (more dark purple due to seeing the backlights). I've done all the reboots factory reset unplugged for 30+ minutes etc no luck. Which boards do you think I need? Thanks in advance. Again, out of warranty and TCL was no help other than describing reboot methods which all failed.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 2021 75" TCL ROKU TV Backlighting works, sound works (Out of warranty, no help from TCL).

It sounds like a hardware failure. Roku only does the software. Being out of warranty, you can only try a general electronics repair. Unfortunately, odds are it would be cheaper to buy a new TV. Repairing individual components or boards is mostly impossible these days.

0 Kudos
bbsleads

Re: 2021 75" TCL ROKU TV Backlighting works, sound works (Out of warranty, no help from TCL).

Thanks Andy, I agree although it seems there are only 3 boards and they do seem readily available on Ebay ... but then the wait and risk of getting the wrong board.  I figured the "buzzing" during dark scenes was a sign as to which board but can't find the answer. UGH, so frustrating, hate throwing out a 2 year old $1000 TV!  Might try this one and opt for the warranty which I usually pass on!  Hisense - 75" Class U6 Series Mini-LED QLED 4K UHD Smart Google TV4520707008817382

0 Kudos