Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sme68

unable to open various stream channels

I need your help as I do not know how to correct the problem and I am missing being able to watch shows on my Roku.  When I go to Roku and try to open a channel I subscribe to such as Discovery+ I get the following message:

Can't run channel--'discovery+ I Stream TV Shows' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Please check your network connection and try again.  I checked the network connection and everything was okay.  I don't know what else to do and it affects 4 or 5 of my streaming channels.  Do you have any suggestions on how this can be resolved?

Thank you so much

Sue Escher
[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to open various stream channels

Start by restarting all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) and then your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vero1987

I am unable to launch Paramount +, Hulu, Disney +, HBO Max on my 4 month old tv. I have no problem launching Netflix, Apple TV or other channels. When I click on the channel it take me to the home page and then it routes backs to Roku home. Please advise! It’s only a problem on this particular tv as and it wasn’t a problem before. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Vero1987

Thank you for the inquiry!

There could be several reasons why you are unable to launch these streaming services on your Roku TV. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow:

• Ensure that your Roku TV is connected to the internet and the connection is stable.
  • Check to see if there are any software updates available for your Roku TV and update it if necessary.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the channels that you are having trouble launching.
  • Restart your Roku TV and try launching the channels again.

If you have followed the troubleshooting steps mentioned and are still unable to launch the streaming services on your Roku TV, there could be a few additional reasons why you are facing this issue. Here are a few things you can consider:

• Check if your streaming service subscription is active and up to date.
  • Ensure that the streaming services you are trying to launch are available in your region.
  • If you are using a VPN, try disabling it and then launch the streaming services.
  • Some streaming services may have compatibility issues with certain Roku models, so check if the services you are trying to launch are compatible with your Roku TV.
  • If you have recently made changes to your router or network settings, try resetting them to their default settings and then check if the streaming services launch successfully.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos