Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fahq247

Your update is garbage and needs to be fixed

So, when using any app to stream for viewing it'll play two seconds of the video for it to go black screen but continues with sound. I've tried every hippy dippy 1, 2, 3 process you and others have suggested ie unplugging to rebooting. It's your update. It's garbage. Needs to be fixed. Are you going to fix this? Probably not. You'll just tell me to unplug my device like a retard and we'll all still be without. Let me know when u admit guilt and fix this.

4 hours of me going through the "3 easy steps" to fixing my roku device.....total **bleep**.

15 REPLIES 15
Khaf4
Reel Rookie

Re: Your update is garbage and needs to be fixed

I’ve had the same problem. None of my Rokus are working correctly. I’ve even done a factory reset. In order for us to watch anything we have to restart the system, but if we click off of it, we have to start all over. And you can’t even talk to anyone from roku

Vegasgurl

Same problem tonight after 3 TV's working fine earlier today. I signed up/paid for the 1 year Paramount+/Showtime bundle and now this happens as you have described. I received a Roku Express for a fourth TV for Christmas that I haven't hooked up yet...glad I kept the receipt to return it! Will Roku do something about this? If not, return the money I was charged for the bundle two weeks ago since it is useless now.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,
Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Me too!

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

It's always the same questions about specific devices and a bunch of other nebulous information.  When it happens it's for all devices in the house and it's not the internet.  As the previous user mentioned, the release is garbage.  Of course, you will not accept responsibility, and nothing will happen to resolve it.  How's this for detail: the entire system crashes and will not work!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @slipshoddon

Thank you for the inquiry!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

It just stops working and you cannot launch any channels.

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Happened again last night.  Several channels will not launch, or if launched will not display large portions of menu information.  This is not related to individual devices or a connection, it is a site wide stability issue related to data that is not available for display.  What is being done to resolve the stability of the platform?

0 Kudos
CoreyGruber
Reel Rookie

Roku, this can't be real. Are you trying to ruin your brand?