Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kclantern1984
Binge Watcher

YouTube subscriptions acting up.

Until yesterday, when I watched a video in the subscriptions tab of the YouTube App, I would hit the back button and it would take me back to the list of videos in the same spot as the video I just watched, so I could easily pick the next video I wanted to watch. But starting yesterday, hitting the back button now takes me to the top of the list, and I have to scroll down to find my spot and find the next video if I want to watch them in order. Is this a problem with Roku? Or is this another sign that Google has completely renounced its old "Don't be evil" motto?

3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube subscriptions acting up.

@kclantern1984-

That does sound like a pain in the, er, neck.  The most likely answer is that Google probably just sent out a YouTube code update that changed that function. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Dontask4myname6
Channel Surfer

Ok. Thought it was just me. Same exact issues here on all of my roku sticks and the 4k box. I should have known it was time for another issue with YouTube to occur again. I mean I almost went a whole week recently without any issues.  

And yes some people will say just open the YouTube app on a phone and stream that way to my TV.  Sorry that's not an option here.  Lol

0 Kudos
Nedi
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the exact same issue and it is frustrating. I hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos