Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BentStaple
Reel Rookie

YouTube requires logging in every single day

A few months ago the YouTube channel stopped remembering my authentication, and a daily login is now required to get in.  If this was on a computer it would be quick and easy, as I can enter that info on a large keyboard.  It's much more tedious when you have to use the small Roku remote.  Some people my say, this is a YouTube issue, so contact YouTube, but I'm convinced this is an issue with the Roku operating system.

Who else has this problem?  And what can be done to fix it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube requires logging in every single day

Hi @BentStaple

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you're being asked to log in to YouTube every day on your Roku, it could be due to a few different reasons:

• Clearing cookies and cache: If you're regularly clearing cookies and cache on your Roku device, this may be causing your YouTube login to be cleared as well. Try avoiding clearing cookies and cache for YouTube specifically, or disabling auto-clearing of cookies and cache altogether.
  • Internet connectivity issues: If your Roku device is having trouble maintaining a stable internet connection, it may be causing your YouTube login to be lost. Try troubleshooting your internet connection and ensuring your Roku device is connected to a stable network.
  • Outdated software: If your Roku device or YouTube app is running on an outdated software version, it may cause issues with logging in and maintaining login credentials. Check for any software updates for your Roku device and YouTube app, and make sure to install them.
  • Incorrect settings: If you have certain settings configured on your Roku devices, such as private browsing or guest mode, it may cause your YouTube login to be lost. Check your Roku device settings to ensure they are not interfering with your YouTube login.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
BentStaple
Reel Rookie

1. I have never once cleared my cache or cookies on my Roku TV.

2. Unlike others who may use wifi, my TV is connected to high speed internet using fiber optic lines.

3. Both the Roku platform and the YouTube app occasionally come out with updates.  I don't think I'm using outdated versions.

4. I've never used private browsing or guest mode settings.

Surely I'm not the only one to have the problem.  Right?  What have other people done to fix this?

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up @BentStaple.

If this issue is only happening with a specific channel, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on You Tube channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.