Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitch64
Reel Rookie

YouTube not showing history, subscriptions, library, "watch later" list etc

Jump to solution

Most of the left menu disappeared today on YouTube for Roku!  It stopped showing the menu items such as history, subscriptions, library, "watch later" list etc.  This makes YouTube pretty much useless.  How can  I get this menu back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xenko

Re: Youtube menu not displaying Library

Jump to solution

@sjrr124 wrote:

I too had this problem pop up this evening, and have exactly the same problem.  My sons' accounts work fine, but not mine.  I did find a short term workaround:  Switch to the guest account and go to subscriptions or library on that account.  It will ask you to login.  Select your account and it will let you see your subscriptions or library.  Once you navigate away from your subscriptions or library you will have to go back into the guest account to get there again, so this isn't a viable long term workaround.

I have this same issue with the menu options not showing up (e.g. subscriptions). The workaround above worked for me. No issues on my wife's account, so it appears to be account specific.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ngurganus

Jump to solution

This issue just started for one person in my household.  My youtube account shows all menu items just fine but if we switch to use their account all the menu has is Search, Home, Settings, Youtube TV.

Kitch64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A similar issue started happening for me today.  Not only the library, but also the subscriptions and most of the left menu have disappeared.

Xenko

Jump to solution

@sjrr124 wrote:

I too had this problem pop up this evening, and have exactly the same problem.  My sons' accounts work fine, but not mine.  I did find a short term workaround:  Switch to the guest account and go to subscriptions or library on that account.  It will ask you to login.  Select your account and it will let you see your subscriptions or library.  Once you navigate away from your subscriptions or library you will have to go back into the guest account to get there again, so this isn't a viable long term workaround.

I have this same issue with the menu options not showing up (e.g. subscriptions). The workaround above worked for me. No issues on my wife's account, so it appears to be account specific.

MarkBurnett
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not showing history, subscriptions, library, "watch later" list etc

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue.  Tested other apps only seems to be on Roku.  Not very useful without the menus.  Not a happy customer at the moment

Anhiel

Jump to solution

Having the same issue.

Surprisingly, it's only with my YouTube account. The wife's and kid's YouTube accounts still have the full menu.

Uninstalled YouTube, rebooted the TV, and re-installed, same issue. Doesn't matter which order I add the accounts either.

Happens on all 4, be they tcl, Hisense, 32" or 55"

It's all the same issue.

dsilberman

Jump to solution

Today, our Roku TV stopped giving us any options for our YouTube TV account.  It asks if we want a free trial or to sign in from our computer.  But when we try to sign in from our computer, we still get nothing on the TV.  We can get YouTube TV on all our other devices (laptop, iPads, phones), but not our Roku.  Is there some contract dispute that we don't know about?

Usernameisuser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here.

Rockhound925
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have the same problem. Just cropped up yesterday as well on all my devices.  But it is only if I am signed into my premium Youtube account.  If I sign on to a non-premium account or as a guest, the buttons appear.  Very strange.  I chatted with a Youtube tech last night and he's supposedly checking into the matter.

MadOverlord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here:

Only on my account (Primary Youtube Premium account, the associated email address also has our company account attached - that appears and works fine). All other household accounts work fine.

Problem occurs on all Rokus, and only Rokus. Everything's normal on my computer, phone and tablet.

Tried logging in and out, resetting app, deleting/reinstalling app, and "did you try turning it off and on again?" No joy.

Very annoying but at least now I know I'm not alone -- misery does indeed love company.

Clearly needs to be addressed by Roku and Youtube, some wires are crossed somewhere.