Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perzaklie
Channel Surfer

Will I loose my channel lineup if I replace my Roku Ultra with a new one?

My Roku Ultra is getting glitchy at times. I am thinking of buying a new one. My questions is, if I get a new one, do I have to set up all my channels and their logins again, or is there some way to retain all the data from my old one and transfer it to a new one?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Will I loose my channel lineup if I replace my Roku Ultra with a new one?

If you use the same Roku account, all your channels will be duplicated. Logins may or may not be carried over. Some do appear to store info on the Roku servers, so logging in one will log in all. Others are independent per device.

The order of your channels on-screen is independent, so you will need to rearrange them if you want them in a particular order. Also, various privacy and other settings for the Roku device itself may also need to be set.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@perzaklie-

Your Roku channel selections are attached to your Roku ACCOUNT.  So as long as you register your new Roku and link it to the same Roku account (identified by email address), it will automatically get all the same channels installed, although they will likely not load in the same order in your channel grid.  You'll likely want to reorganize the grid into a more familiar order. (Highlight the channel in the grid, press * on your Roku remote, select "Move channel", use cursor keys to move to desired position, press OK to lock position in.)

Some of your channels where you have an individual account MAY log you in automatically.  Some, especially those you get through a "tv provider" account,  you will probably have to log in again on the new Roku.  Once logged into a channel, any settings you had set on that channel should reload.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Should also mention that individual channel settings will probably be independent, even if the login is shared. This is for stuff like Autoplay on/off, privacy, etc...

0 Kudos
perzaklie
Channel Surfer

Wow! Thanks to all of you for the speedy response! Just exactly what I needed to know.

Merry Christmas to all!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.