Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dreakesten
Channel Surfer

Why does my Roku say A Roku device was not found at this IP address. Please check the IP

250DC494-1A67-46F9-8E4C-93F992037787.pngI know the ip is right it won’t show up trying to connect through wifi and it also won’t show up to use  AirPlay when it’s on the same wifi as my phone please help!!!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Dreakesten
Channel Surfer

My Roku won’t show up to connect to app, AirPlay, or screencast

Just got this Roku and it was working fine with screen casting and now all the sudden it won’t show up anywhere and won’t even pop up on the app to let me connect. I tried everything, checking my connection, making sure it’s on the same network, factory resetting, turning the screen mirroring and airplay on and it’s still not showing up. How do i fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does my Roku say A Roku device was not found at this IP address. Please check the IP

Hi @Dreakesten,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing. We understand that you are having difficulties connecting Airplay to your Roku.

We also recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot Airplay and Homekit issues: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the behavior continues with Airplay not connecting with a Roku device, we would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • When did this issue first start occurring?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku won’t show up to connect to app, AirPlay, or screencast

@Dreakesten It sounds like a security setting in your WiFi has been enabled. There is a setting that blocks connected devices from seeing other connected devices on your network. This is mostly used in semi-public networks, such as a hotel or coffee shop. A home network that has a guest access SSID will also have it enabled. It's possible that yours was turned on accidentally, or if your ISP controls your router/modem they might have done it. With that setting on, you will encounter exactly what you have experienced. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dreakesten
Channel Surfer

How do I change the secuerity setting in my wifi?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The general answer is that you log into your router and browse the settings.  On some ISP-rented/controlled routers you may not be able to control them in the usual way and may have to use the ISP’s website or app to control it.  I don’t think you have mentioned any router or ISP so it’s hard to be specific.

By the way, is your Roku working in general?  Just checking the basics! 😀

0 Kudos
atc98092

Like @Strega said. Specifically it will be somewhere within either the security settings, or within a the specific radio settings, either 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both.  

Dan

0 Kudos
Dreakesten
Channel Surfer

Roku is working in general I just have it connected to wifi but I don’t know how to do all that stuff with the router and I don’t know what a isp is.

0 Kudos
atc98092

ISP: Internet Service Provider. It's whoever provides you with your Internet access. If you rent your router/modem from your ISP they retain the ability to make changes to any and all settings, including the security setting we are referring to. If you purchased your router/modem yourself, then they should not have access to those settings, unless you granted them access. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Dreakesten
Channel Surfer

What should I do once I get to those settings i been trying to fix this for hours and still the device won’t show up anywhere 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.