Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim21

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

If you own a smart phone, there is a Roku app that can be installed that uses your cell phone's microphone for voice control.

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No thanks to using cell phone app. It does not need access to my photos, my contacts, my camera, my mic, etc. Why should customers have to use a work-around to easily go to the channel(s) numbers we've been using for years? If I want to browse I'll go to the internet... When I go to the TV I want to watch a program; not browse logos! 

SunnyH

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to watch my cable tv on my Roku TV in a while, I can't believe this is something they did on purpose. You have to go to Channel 60 to watch Dish, but I can't get there because the remote includes no numbers, and now neither does the guide. I spent so much time clicking through all the options on the TV trying to fix this, getting really upset at my sleeping husband because I thought he did something and screwed it up. Nope, Roku did. Not going to buy another Roku device. They better fix this 'fix.' This is ridiculous. 

Docsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to watch my cable tv on my Roku TV in a while, I can't believe this is something they did on purpose. You have to go to Channel 60 to watch Dish, but I can't get there because the remote includes no numbers, and now neither does the guide.

I may be able to help you here. I need to point out, though, that I'm not familiar with accessing Dish. I'm  going by you saying it's channel 60 and using that along with my understanding of how Roku TVs work to give this advice.

When you have a Roku TV, you actually have two Live TV apps. For lack of a better description, I call them white and purple. In the picture I uploaded, the white is in the top row and the purple is directly underneath in the second row. Also, note the Live TV item in the left menu. It operates the same as the purple.

rokuhome.jpg

They both give you access to the streaming Live TV channels that formerly began at channel 115 such as WB Watchlist, Universal Crime, and !mpossible - Quiz Show. The difference between the white Live TV app and purple Live TV app is that the white app is the only way you can get to over the air (OTA) channels meaning numbers 2-83. Unless you use the white one, you will never be able to get to channel 60. Also, the OTA channel numbers have not been removed. I would expect the same for channel 60, but I cannot say for sure.

What I suggest is you try using the white Live TV and go to All Channels in the left menu. If 60 is available, that should be how you can get to it. Assuming you are successful, you should make 60 a favorite by pressing the * button and selecting Manage channels | Favorite channels to select 60. That will enable you to easily get back to it as long you use the white LIve TV because there is no way through the purple to get to it even if it's a favorite.

Good luck. Please post how it goes or send me a private message.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Docsman 

Very good description.

To keep things even clearer, users can Rename the "white" Live TV icon (input) on the Home Screen by going to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename.  Here you can choose Antenna TV and a different icon.

You can also Remove the Streaming Channels from this renamed white icon (input) as well if you wish to only see your OTA/Antenna channels in that Guide and keep the purple "LiveTV on the Roku Channel" or the left menu item "LiveTV" for the streaming channels.

Settings/TV Inputs/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels

----

Roku made this confusing change in OS10 by naming everything LiveTV on the Home Screen but performing different features.

----

You are correct that Antenna/OTA channels are, or should still be, visible in the white LiveTV icon and guide.  Only the streaming channel numbers have been removed, for some inexplicable reason.  Still hoping they will reconsider that decision from fully implementing, as it is just one jumbled mess currently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@winston3338 

I "disappeared"?  Dude, it's been maybe 24 hours.  Get a life. Get off the net.  Go outside.

As far as your stream of consciousness, it was coherent and straight as boiled spaghetti in a bowl.... get off the sauce:  you make little sense outside of your noggin.  Go outside.. enjoy the real world

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Duhhhhhh, just be a man and admit your lips were moving but your **bleep** was talking when you mistakingly read my scumbag remark it easy, 

Then I would say, oh don't sweat it buddy, I been there and done that,  take care

0 Kudos
roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They just never learn that whatever they are thinking of "improving", they should just sit back and stop thinking-Y'ALL AREN'T GOOD AT IT! So funny to see all these ads saying go to channel such-and-such and realizing you can't do it thanks to these geniuses! Did you learn nothing from your last fiasco messing with the guide? Try this old saying out-IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just found this article but I didn't bother to read it 

https://www.techradar.com/televisions/rokus-free-update-that-makes-it-easier-to-find-new-shows-and-m...

Roku has announced that a new software update, including a What to Watch feature, is coming to compatible streaming players and TVs in the coming weeks an months, respectively. 

The update, which is already available in the US, aims to make it simpler and cleaner for Roku users to browse and discover new things to watch, using three new options under the "What to Watch" heading; What to Watch, Continue Watching and Save List. 

Coming to Roku streaming devices, such as the Roku Streaming Stick 4K and compatible Roku TVs from brands including Sharp, JVC, TCL and more, Roku’s Sally Nelson, director or UK product growth says "By personalizing the way our customers connect with the content they love and offering more ways to discover new content, our users can access entertainment with ease". 

Continued @ link 

0 Kudos
TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Seriously??? You post articles you haven't read... yet you ramble on about something supposedly in the article.  What a moron.

winston.png

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.