Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PITBULL95
Binge Watcher

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

I'm 75 and have had bad eyesight since I was about 6.  I can barely see the numbers with my glasses on, much less the stupid logos or names of the channels, but I could see the numbers.  Now I have to sit up close to the screen to find a program. So everytime I need to change the channel I have to get up and walk to the TV.  So I guess I don't have to do my cardio at the gym. I do it by watching TV.  How stupid are these GEEK FREAKS!!!

Tommy678

Jump to solution

I agree

jrome1977
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Removing the channel numbers on the the streaming channels is utterly moronic!  Come on, Roku, get your act together and put them back.  This is a downgrade that needs reversed pronto!!

Nydius
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Regarding all the CSRs in here posting apologies and whatnot: I’ll believe you’re listening to our feedback when channel numbers come back. What’s even more stupid is that the advertising on Roku channels STILL REFERENCE CHANNEL NUMBERS. Of course, they also still show ads for channels they got rid of a month ago so I don’t know why I expected better.

Getting rid of the channel numbers was the dumbest move I’ve seen Roku make in some time. 

SLashM

Jump to solution

This is not very helpful for older customers. It's already bad enough that the remote doesn't provide numbers. Now it'sore complicated. 

Jump to solution

I concur with you. A channel guide without numbers is not a guide at all in fact it is like looking up at the night sky for constellations. I have limited sight and finding numbers was my way. Hunting for colored little Icons that I'm unfamiliar with basically blinded me. Thanks for your INCONSIDERATE DOWNGRADE ROKU-KU

Jump to solution

A channel guide without numbers is not a guide at all in fact it is like looking up at the night sky for constellations. I have limited sight and finding numbers was my way. Hunting for colored little Icons that I'm unfamiliar with basically blinded me. Thanks for your INCONSIDERATE DOWNGRADE ROKU-KU

nancypo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Some of us do not have a voice remote

nancypo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes really stupid customer service error, bring it back!

JohnDN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree this was a terrible change to the user interface.  I dislike it and it's made it very difficult for my mother (who is older) to find any of the channels she used to like to watch.  I highly recommend that Roku revert this change and add channel numbers back to all streaming channels.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.