Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knknechtel
Channel Surfer

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

I've figured out I don't need to delete the app and restart every time, just log out and log back in on the "home" menu or whatever it is on the far left. That may be a little easier if that works.

0 Kudos
G_Russell

Problem persists.  We are signed in at CBS (on Roku) with our provider, "Xfinity".  "An error occurred".  We must sign out.  Then sign back in.  Go to computer to input the CBS code on screen with CBS.com/tv/roku.  But then we are directed to the Xfinity sight.  We must sign in and wait for an Xfinity code sent to our email.  Go back and input the Xfinity code.  Then we go back to screen and are able to view CBS.  Each new viewing requires this.  Have contacted CBS with on response yet.  Please assist us, help!  Gary.

0 Kudos
G_Russell

Sorry,  "With no response yet."

0 Kudos
G_Russell

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Liana,

As a Roku staff member your input to CBS has more gravitas.  Can you intervene on our behalf?

This has been going on for far to long.

We are signed in at CBS (on Roku) with our provider, "Xfinity".  "An error occurred".  We must sign out.  Then sign back in.  Go to computer to input the CBS code on screen with CBS.com/tv/roku.  Then we are automatically directed to the Xfinity sight.  We must sign in and wait for an Xfinity code sent to our email.  Go back and input the Xfinity code.  Then we go back to screen and are able to view CBS.  Each new viewing requires this.  Please help!  Gary.

0 Kudos
AlenB
Reel Rookie

It is clear they do not have plans to ever fix this. 

leskoonk
Channel Surfer

As I have said here before - they don't "fix" it because it is their intended behavior.  They somehow think this protects them from people stealing their service.  Note that CBS apps on devices other than Roku behave exactly the same way.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's authentication process and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lathph
Reel Rookie

I did exactly as you said. I uninstalled the CBS channel and then restarted the Roku system. Then I reinstalled the CBS channel. It still did the same thing. I got the “sorry an error has occurred” message. It’s very frustrating.

lathph

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lathph,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming the CBS channel, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: https://www.cbs.com/showfeedback/

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mna

This is maddening.  I have tried everything suggested.

0 Kudos