Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMo64

Using Roku on a Sony Smart TV

We have a Sony, Smart TV that is not compatible with Hulu so we added a Roku stick. We also have Netflix and Prime. When we access Netflix and Prime through the Roku stick we get kicked out every session, especially on Prime. If we watch Prime through the Sony we have a better experience. We will occasionally get kicked out of Hulu as well while viewing. Disney+ isn't even an option through the Roku stick and we have to resort to a second TV.

Is there anything that can be done to achieve better performance with the Roku stick? We would like to avoid getting a new TV - the Sony is nice.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Using Roku on a Sony Smart TV

Well, that’s not normal.  I routinely watch Netflix and Prime for as long as I want.  (I don’t have the other two services you mentioned.)

How are you powering it?  Some people are tempted to plug it into a TV USB port, but they don’t always supply enough power leading to random bad behavior.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using Roku on a Sony Smart TV

Disney+ isn't an option?  What's the model number of your stick displayed under Settings->System->About and where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.