Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

No it happened on my iPhone as well. It’s the apps problem I’m thinking. 

0 Kudos
Ambro5
Reel Rookie

Newsmax will not open on my tv anymore I can watch it on my iPhone but not my tv wtf.. kind of update was this ?

cudaus1
Channel Surfer

Pluto didn't work for me on my Samsung smart tv. Only could get Newsmax 2.

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK I need you to make sure that you paid for your service through newsmaxplus.com it is the website you do not go into an app you do not go into any app to pay for this the only place you can purchase this is by going into newsmaxplus.com then it will work on any streaming mode after they’ve emailed the receipt however the email you use to purchase and the password must be used to open the streaming Newsmax Plus anywhere you go that’s how you do it 

0 Kudos

NewsMax+ told me to update the app/roku and I did that.  I get NewsMax+ now, however, I have to type my password in every time I get out of the app.(that's an issue for another day.)  If you use the Live TV NewsMax you only get the non-subscriber version.  You have to get the NewsMax+ app (I don't think it has the + on it)  just like you do Netflix, Hulu, etc.  I hope this kinda makes sense.  Otherwise send a message to NewsMax+ with your questions.  They get back you right away.  

0 Kudos
M2Squared
Reel Rookie

Same problem here. I can't get Newsmax customer support to answer me. I've sent emails and left voicemails on the phone. Been going on since Friday 

Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Went in just before and it was fine so we’ll see tonight when we go to watch Rob Schmidt. I had trouble with Newsmax app even before the Newsmax + went into effect. Same trouble getting in and getting bumped off when in sometimes. 

0 Kudos
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

I’ve done a check for updates and comes back as latest in use already. I’ve even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Nada. Today I was able to get in no trouble. We’ll see tonight what happens when I try to watch Schmidt 

0 Kudos
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Same here when I checked Pluto

Anniedog
Reel Rookie

Same situation with me. Tried accessing several ways on Samsung TV but can only get Newsmax2. 
I was able to open app in Roku this morning without having to log in. So maybe progress is being made?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.