Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rewilley
Channel Surfer

This Old House Channel will not start

Around 3-4wks ago TOH channel stopped working on all Roku devices. Goes to channel splash screen and stops. Have tried all resets, reboots, updates, channel remove/add, and tried hot spot to rule out home network and same result. Will work on old Fire Stick but not any of 7 Roku devices. No help from TOH support yet. Suggestions appreciated 😊 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: This Old House Channel will not start

@Rewilley 

Nothing wrong with your devices.  There seems to be an issue with This Old House Channel (for the Roku).  Seems to load channel but fails to retrieve/launch content.  Give it a day or so and hopefully the channel developer will resolve it.  Nothing you can do from your end.

You can watch This Old House on the Roku Channel (seasons 36-43 are free) or can watch on the Roku Channel LiveTV (ch. 456 - This Old House, ch. 457 - Ask This Old House).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Rewilley
Channel Surfer

Thank You for the response and explanation. Will keep my fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rewilley 

I could only check the free episodes (unlocked content) on This Old House Channel, but seemed to load fine today.  

This Old House Live and the Outdoor Living Marathon also streamed fine (both of these also did not load yesterday).

I think they may have fixed it (perhaps you can verify the locked content for others as working).

0 Kudos
Rewilley
Channel Surfer

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Rewilley 

I could only check the free episodes (unlocked content) on This Old House Channel, but seemed to load fine today.  

This Old House Live and the Outdoor Living Marathon also streamed fine (both of these also did not load yesterday).

I think they may have fixed it (perhaps you can verify the locked content for others as working).

Unfortunately I am still unable to get the channel to run at all on my devices. TOH did inform me that Roku was working on a solution. I will keep checking. Thanks

0 Kudos
mstnggt66

Mine is also still not working.  I am usually signed in as a TOH Insider which might be the problem.  The TOH channel won't load on any of my Roku devices.  Has this been resolved yet?  

0 Kudos
Rewilley
Channel Surfer

TOH Support informed me that they were working to resolve the issue with Roku on 10/3/22. Still not working on my devices.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rewilley 

Received an updated email (10/28/2022) from This Old House stating they believe they have now fixed the issue posed in this thread.

Are you able to verify?

You may need to update the channel or perform a System Update which will check for and apply updates for both the Roku and the channels/app simultaneously. (Setting/System/System or Software Update).

0 Kudos
Rewilley
Channel Surfer

Also received the email indicating a fix but there is no change yet in the channel version either with an update to the channel or uninstall/reinstall. Remains at Jan 2021 version. Roku devices updated 10/26/22. TOH support stated they were checking on how to update.

JermFive
Channel Surfer

Same problem here since at least early September. I also received email last week saying they had sent out a new fix, but the Roku store and app info so shows Jan 2021 to be the latest version. No other information has been forthcoming.

0 Kudos