Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieJade
Channel Surfer

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

"Update 5/03.  Looks like Tagesschau rolled back their channel/app to version 1.0 build 9 which looks to have resolved issue."

@AvsGunnar
Thanks for posting that! I thought it looked like a rollback. Wasn't the channel on Version 2 before the outage?

If the channel version was rolled back, we may not be totally out of the woods, but at least we have something to watch before the next update comes, which, fingers crossed, will be smoother.  🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@CharlieJade 

When I was looking into it the other day for a user, I noted that it was on version 2.01 build 1.  I did not happen to note though when that version was released.

It does seem that some channels/apps that have recently released updates are having some issues.  A couple others have released new additional updates to fix the issue.  I think Tagesschau just decided to revert back to the previous version in order to get devices working again and have some time to fix their update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JUH

After updating the app on Roku (didn't want to open) it now opens again, but my feed is 2 hours off. I'm on Central Time, so at 13:00 it should be time for the 20:00 Tagesschau, but I get the Tageschau Live feed from 18:00! Quite annoying. Have t found a way to fix this yet.

0 Kudos
CharlieJade
Channel Surfer

@JUH 

The Tagesschau 20:00 Sendung on the "livestream" of the Tagesschau Roku channel is also two hours later for me, too, not live. Since the Tagesschau channel clearly still needs some work, we'll just have to sit tight and wait for them to figure it out. If you want to report the problem, you can use the contact form on their website:

https://www.tagesschau.de/kontakt-formular-tagesschau-100.html

Just report it using the pull-down options as  Betreff: Technik (Web und App) Sendung: tagesschau-Apps.  Skip the Systeminformationen section since that will put in the info from your computer, not from your Roku.

Fritzenshiften
Reel Rookie

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!  BEGINNING OCTOBER 9, 2023.

Is there a fix?  I've tried removing, then adding again, rebooting, and nothing works. It begins to open then after a few seconds goes to black screen.  I assume many others are having the same problem.

We'd appreciate help. Thanks.

hello100
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem.

Opens for a few seconds, and then leaves.

Roku,  please fix this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fritzenshiften
Reel Rookie

Tageschau not opening again beginning October 9, 2023.  Same issue as back in 

april/May.

Can someone fix please?  Have tried every suggestion.  Not working.  

0 Kudos
CharlieJade
Channel Surfer

The Tagesschau version is now 1.0 Build 10. Give Roku and Tagesschau feedback by pressing * (star) and selecting "Give Feedback". Then pick "Channel failed to launch/load/start". Maybe if enough people do that, it will get someone's attention.

You can also send feeback direct to Tagesschau with this link:

I sent feedback today, but with the time difference, it was after hours. Maybe I'll get a reply tomorrow.

0 Kudos
AndyHSpace
Channel Surfer

The more people who sent feedback to 

the better. Do it now 🙂 I just did !!!

0 Kudos
axel99092
Reel Rookie

You can watch the Tagesschau Livestream in ARD App.

Or try my example of ARD-Livestreams-for-Roku-Express

https://github.com/Axel-Erfurt
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.