Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eagleman41
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe

Jump to solution

I'm now watching walking dead on Plex with no issues 

Bird_Dog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is day three of the channel not working. It seems that the ads play just fine 🤔 You have not updated anyone on how or when it’s going to get fixed. Never had this issue with the fire stick, and if so they responded and fixed immediately. I tried, and just upgraded my Netflix to play this, and in the works of going back to the fire stick. I have only one tv that has Roku built in, but that is gonna change. Sad because I have been a user from the beginning, but unlike your channel issues, I don’t black out, freeze, or give false hope in fixing. 
Do better Roku! 

Alphalobos1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Your on easy street 

Device1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why are we still getting blackouts n freezing pics? I thought you people knew what you were doing. Don't you test before you release it? Why edit also? When on tv it was never edited. There are plenty of movies out there that are far worse with content. It must be a great job working for Roku as there doesn't seem to be care in the world. I do feel sorry for your job and have to put up with feedback that isn't positive. But it shows who your working for. One of the most watched shows on tv and you can't get it right. So being that said when will they try again to please us with at least no blackouts?

Parks5150
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Haha 

Strangely, I did notice a couple hours ago that it was glitching slightly for about 2 episodes over there but nothing like on this Roku channel. And for a hot minute, I started to wonder if this was all a conspiracy to mess with TWD fans, lol

Bird_Dog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

this would be the second email that I received asking if my issue was resolved………and this would be the second time I responded that it had not been fixed. You ask for me to respond, and I do, but I take it, just falls in deaf ears. So instead of emailing me and asking if it’s fixed or resolved, how about you check it out. Sit there turn on your Roku device and watch it. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Bird_Dog 

If Roku is messaging you asking if this issue was resolved because they are either too lazy or too stupid to check the stream of the channel on their own Roku Channel lineup that is completely insane! It just shows a complete disconnect between the people at Roku, the moderators and the customers. All they have to do is literally click on the channel and watch for a few minutes and they'll see all the freezing and blackouts.

I'm starting to think Roku is just being run by total incompetent fools. Because let's face it, it takes them forever to fix things that should be simple, because it just isn't a priority to them. Also they have poor customer service, where 90% of the responses are just lines copied and pasted from a troubleshooting script over and over again with the same steps that don't work.

I'm sorry but Roku customers deserve much better than this and Roku does not deserve us as Roku TV/device purchasers and customers any longer.

Dovey

Jump to solution

I don’t know if this helps anyone, particularly the “techs” at Roku, but I’ve discovered something. Since everyone here was touting Plex/Pluto, I made a account on Pluto, went to TWD Universe, found they weren’t playing the OG series, so I went back to 741 Roku, and enjoyed about 15 minutes of glitch-free viewing before it started blacking out again. Went back to Pluto, watched about 3 seconds, then back to 741 and another few minutes of no glitches. I’ve been repeating the same sequence for an hour now with the same results. No idea why switching momentarily clears it up for a while, but it’s tolerable for the time being until the “expert team” can get the problem fixed. 

0 Kudos
JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why on Roku they say Fear the Walking dead on but they are showing the original Walking dead ? Also sometimes there is no sound either. Roku been terrible lately.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They should have a separate channel for the spinoffs because I can't stand "Fear The Walking Dead" I think it's garbage. And that "Tales Of The Walking Dead" is infinitely worse! The channel should always be playing the original series.

Also it is stupid to change the icon to show "Fear The Walking Dead" characters while they are not playing that show. But nobody ever accused Roku of having any clue of what they are doing anyway, so it's in character.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.