Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lees
Reel Rookie

Spectrum streaming app daily gets audio dialog out of synch with visual lip movement

I am using a Roku Ultra with the Spectrum TV streaming app. This allows viewing of local channels plus an additional 15 Spectrum channels via streaming instead of through use of a Spectrum cable box. Almost daily the audio dialog gets out of synch with the visual lip movement on the display. This occurs no matter what channel I may be on - it does not go away by switching channels. I can correct the problem by restarting the Roku device, but this is very frustrating as I end up most days restarting several times. Is this a Roku problem, or a Spectrum app problem?

I am tempted to buy an Amazon streaming stick and see if that has the same problem, but thought I would throw out the problem to this group just in case it is a known problem. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DumbBunny
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum streaming app daily gets audio dialog out of synch with visual lip movement

Greetings,

I do not yet have a Roku device (I just posted a community message asking questions about chosing and using one), but I do have a Spectrum subscription. This un-syncing happens with some regularity when I use the platform. They way I deal with it is to change channels for a few moments then switch back. Not an elegant solution, I guess, but quick and effective. 

If you discover a "real" solution, let me know.

0 Kudos
Lees
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum streaming app daily gets audio dialog out of synch with visual lip movement

Thanks for the input. Since you can reproduce the problem without Roku involved, it would seem to indicate the problem is in the Spectrum app, and Roku is not the problem.