Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Re: Some Videos on YouTube won't load

Thanks,but I've done all that,and still no change.

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@JKTaylor  Exactly what videos are you trying to watch on YouTube? Post the videos from your phone on here and I’ll watch them on my Roku. Also according to Google the web and mobile version of YouTube is different then on Roku or FireTV. Have you tried casting the video from your phone to your Roku. Keep in mind that Roku does not develop the YouTube channel. Google does. I actually don’t even use YouTube on my Roku most of the time I either do it from my phone or my laptop

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Yes,I found out its different on Roku than my phone and my tablet,but it didn't used give me trouble on my Roku device,it just started about a week ago and I know my internet is strong enough,so maybe it's just something going on I don't know about.

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@JKTaylor  Ok so what are you trying to watch? Post the links 

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Oh,I forgot to mention,sometimes while I'm watch YouTube on my Roku device on my Emerson tv,it will cut off and on sometimes,so it could be my tv has something to do with it.

JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

So, could it be my tv causing my problem with you tube ?

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@JKTaylor  I think you need to take it down a notch. If your TV was causing any issues then it would be across all channels. I have asked you several times what videos does this happen on? Let me try on my end. Either way it’s Googles issue. Did you try casting?

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Yes,I tried casting the other day,with my smart phone and when I cast it with the app on my phone it wasn't loading the ads or videos but when I cast my phone with the Roku it was fine,so I don't know what to think.

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@JKTaylor  What? You cast with your phone to your Roku. I clearly don’t understand what you’re talking about. If you open up the YouTube channel on your Roku can you play anything at all? If there are only certain videos you can’t play which are those videos. Please explain everything in full details

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Don't worry about it, I'll just deal with it,thanks anyway.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.