Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GadMan
Reel Rookie

Sky News not playing video clips

Jump to solution

I'm in the US. Sky News app will not play any of the prerecorded video clips. Within the app Sky News Live works fine. 

When choosing a video clip, I get an error "Sorry there was a problem" "Please check your internet connection"

Connection is strong and fast. No issues playing any on-demand video on other apps. I am not using a VPN. I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. Still a negative.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GadMan
Reel Rookie

Re: Sky News not playing video clips

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. I completed all of those steps, twice, on the date of my original post with no positive results. However, 2 days ago the prerecorded clips just began to work. Not sure why. No significant setting changes to my connectivity parameters. I'm just going to smile, say thanks, and move on. Perhaps was something with Sky. I never tried to find out. Thanks for your attention. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku does not make 90% of the channels available. They also don’t make the sky news channel. The first thing to do would be to restart your Roku, modem and router. The second thing would be to reach out to sky news themselves

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GadMan

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GadMan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. I completed all of those steps, twice, on the date of my original post with no positive results. However, 2 days ago the prerecorded clips just began to work. Not sure why. No significant setting changes to my connectivity parameters. I'm just going to smile, say thanks, and move on. Perhaps was something with Sky. I never tried to find out. Thanks for your attention. 🙂

0 Kudos