Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hondo69

Roku with Spectrum app and T-Mobile Internet (KVD21) and Netgear router (WNDR4500).

I am using T-mobile internet(kvd21) with Netgear Router(wndr4500).When I go to the Spectrum app on my Roku, some of the channels, that I pay for, have a House symbol, and I can't view them. I've spent hours on the phone with Spectrum tech support and they don't have a clue. It all works fine if I access the Spectrum app from my iPhone. Spectrum's answer is "USE our Internet". BS, the Spectrum app is bad or the Roku is bad. Maybe T-Mobile internet is blocking something. Can someone with knowledge of "Wireshark" fix this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku with Spectrum app and T-Mobile Internet (KVD21) and Netgear router (WNDR4500).

Hi @Hondo69

Welcome to the Roku Community!
The "House" symbol on the Spectrum app on your Roku device indicates that the channel is part of Spectrum's in-home viewing lineup, which is only available when you are connected to your Spectrum internet service at home. Since you are using T-mobile internet and a Netgear router, the Spectrum app is likely detecting that you are not connected to your Spectrum internet service and is therefore blocking access to those channels.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

• Connect your Roku device to your Spectrum Internet service: If you have Spectrum internet service at home, try connecting your Roku device to that network to see if the channels become available.
  • Check your Spectrum account: Verify that you are subscribed to the channels that are displaying the House symbol. If you are subscribed and still cannot access the channels, contact Spectrum customer support for assistance.
  • Check your Roku device: Make sure your Roku device is up-to-date and that the Spectrum app is also updated to the latest version. You can check for updates by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" on your Roku device.
  • Reset your network settings: If all else fails, try resetting your network settings on both your Roku device and your router. This can sometimes help resolve connection issues.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos