Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conch73

Roku vs Dish...........Should i cancel Dish ?

Just bought an ONN Roku tv. Now I have 100s of Roku channels most of which I have with the 100s of Dish channels.  Don't know for certain but seems I could/should cancel Dish saving over $100.00 a month. Will I lose any of my Roku channels if I ditch Dish ? I don't watch or care about premium channels. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku vs Dish...........Should i cancel Dish ?

Some apps like this one state, "CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED".  Once you cancel Dish, you would likely lose access to an app like that.  You'll have to research whether you have, and need, any of those.  Using a Roku device isn't really a substitute for cable/satellite, but it's pretty easy to do without it once you get used to it.  You may lose access to some channels, but only you know if you really need those channels?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.