Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MizzLizz

Roku express 4k keeps crashing

Yesterday my roku kept crashing. So I went and bought a new one thinking that was the issue. (Until doing research I had no clue this was a common issue). I now have the roku express 4k. It still continues to crash despite restarting and clearing catch like I have read. I have deleted multiple apps. And it does not matter if I am watching Netflix, Disney plus, or simply am on the home screen. I am unsure of what else to try or do.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k keeps crashing

@MizzLizz 

If you are using the TV USB port for power, try using a USB power adapter at a wall outlet instead. (any 5volt, 1 amp cell phone charging adapter should work).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express 4k keeps crashing

Yeah, I learned that the hard way when I attempted to plug my Roku Express directly into the TV USB power port when using it at a hotel, and things went wonky with it -- I couldn't get it to connect to the network and it would freeze up. Next time I know to bring an extension cord because outlets were in limited supply, but when I plugged my express into an outlet, everything just worked.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.