Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Rewind subtitles on Prime Video

I have 2 Roku devices- a Premier and a Roku 3.  I am having problems with rewind subtitles(for the 10-second jump back) on Amazon Prime Video on both of them.  The subtitle selection is properly set, but if I jump back, I don't get any subtitles 90% of the time.  For some reason, I do about 10% of the time, even yes/no during the same show.  This is a bummer because the most common reason for me to jump back is to get subtitles on a piece of quiet or mush-mouthed dialogue.  

My Roku and Prime Video app builds are current.  Both devices have been restarted.  Yes....I should seek Amazon technical support but I *just* had a prolonged, frustrating, 3-session support issue with them on billing and frankly, my experience with their tech support has been awful(to put it nicely).  Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Rewind subtitles on Prime Video

Try rewinding farther back, say 30 seconds or so.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.