Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BILLinAZ
Reel Rookie

Replay Streaming of News Programs Disappeared from Roku CNN channel

Has anyone else experienced the disappearance of the entire 'line' (lineup) of CNN news shows (Sunday's State of the Union, etc.)  I get the 3 live channels, CNN Originals, HLN Specials, and Bourdain only.

4 REPLIES 4
TonyRhodes

Re: Replay Streaming of News Programs Disappeared from Roku CNN channel

Thats the best news this country could get. CNN and all their fake news has disappeared. Maybe there is a little justice

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @BILLinAZ

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on CNN or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel CNN and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
BILLinAZ
Reel Rookie

I've done all of that and it made no difference. The link to my Cable TV provider account is still in place.

I see there was an August 9 update to the CNN Channel.  I tried to open the August 14 episode of State of The Union.  The full lineup of CNN news shows still appeared.  When I opened the August 14th episode, it replayed the August 7 episode instead.  I sent a report of that to CNN, but it was not fixed through August 20.

When I went to play the August 21 State of The Union, the whole lineup of CNN news shows disappeared.

I remain surprised that there has been no mention of this by anyone else via Google search.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BILLinAZ

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.