Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manette

Repeated Commercial Loops

I'm so sick of Weird Al with "Madonna is a bad influence" , Rich Eisen saying "This is how we roll" and "Live your best life" from Martha Friggin Stewart!!! I cringe now and mute the **bleep** or go on spurts of only watching Prime or HBO MAXX or Angel Studios. I'm nauseous from the same commercials on Roku. It's like how radio stations killed Billy Ray Sirius by overplaying Achy Breaky Heart ! Arghhh

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Repeated Commercial Loops

I decided to watch the Great American Baking Show. Got a Sam's Club commercial. The same commercial has looped now for over 15 times, and the show has never started, Why?

Jakque
Reel Rookie

Re: Repeated Commercial Loops

I feel your pain. Since my original post regarding this, they have now started a “new” set of repeated commercial loops, I.e., same commercials with a few different ones mixed in played over and over….it’s insane! 
I think some sort of AI program is running these free channels and no one is checking on them as far as updating the content. I’m so tired of it. My solution has been watching YouTube. There is ALWAYS something new to watch and the advertising is generally fresh. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.