Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CityguyUSA
Streaming Star

Pluto Stops Working After Roku Screensaver

Funny how everything keeps coming back to problems with Roku's screensaver.

I'm trying to watch Pluto on-demand.  Works fine until I pause it and the #Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series) screensaver comes on.  At that point if I attempt to unpause or go back to the show Pluto displays the show but the video controls no longer work.  You get a message upon pushing the play button stating "The video is loading. Your controls will return shortly." but all you get is just a screen showing the last played frame and no video controls work from that point

You can go back to the episode listing screen and clilck continue but your show still will not play.  You can go to all episodes and reselect the episode you were watching and click play but it still won't play not even from the beginning.  The only option is to select another episode or exit Pluto all together.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Pluto Stops Working After Roku Screensaver

The obvious suggestion would be to disable Roku's terrible glitchy screensavers from coming on and see if that fixes your problem.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.