Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InParadise
Reel Rookie

Please stop the Spanish speaking ads!!!!

Please stop the Spanish speaking ads! We speak English and this has become ridiculously annoying. There are no Spanish speaking ads on pay TV unless you watch a Spanish channel.  Please stop this before I decide to go back to cable. It's driving me nuts! 

32 REPLIES 32
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Please stop the Spanish speaking ads!!!!

Hi  @InParadise

Welcome to the Roku Community!

While we can't please everyone with the ads displayed, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with. May we know where are you seeing the Spanish ads? Is it from a specific channel or inside The Roku Channel? Since when have you been facing this issue?

Keep us posted so we can better help you out!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

Smart_gal
Channel Surfer

Omg!!! Me too!!!! It makes me sick!!!! How can we stop it???!!!!!!!! 

Smart_gal
Channel Surfer

They are on several channels. Discovery plus for one. I see this on several English channels 

StarFighter77
Reel Rookie

Just got a roku tv and have been watching the NBC channel that is linked to our personal internet provider account. We watch the laws and order shows mainly. Have been seeing ads in Spanish from McDonalds and Walmart specifically. I want this to stop immediately please. I’m not offended by Spanish language; however, I’m offended that it’s presumed I want to see commercials in a language other than English when my global tv settings are set to English. The NBC app offers no settings to set default language and that is highly annoying. Stop closing a language for me when I’ve already chosen English. It’s presumptuous and I find that and only that to be offensive. 

Community22
Reel Rookie

I agree.  I am not watching Spanish speaking programming either and see these ads as well.

Wareman5

I live in Daytona Beach Florida, I have been a Roku customer for many years, I just now since I've been living at my new location at [personal information removed] Florida since September have been watching Roku and receiving Spanish speaking advertisements and I don't want to have to waste my time watching these ad because I don't understand what they're saying because I don't speak the language I'm an American citizen I grew up born and raised in the United States I did not and do not want to have to endure these ads please figure it out and do something about it!!

Wareman5

Why do we have to learn Spanish to enjoy watching TV? Why can't the Spanish people that want to come over and live in America learn English?!! Let them be the ones that have to go through changes because they chose to come here we have been here we are still here and we will remain here!

Wareman5

To the Roku employee I believe she said her name was Leanna I only posted my address because you asked for the location of where I'm seeing these ads so I , probably was a mistake to post my address but hopefully people understand that I was responding to your post. Besides I want you to know that I'm not in a city or Bordertown so please figure it out do something about it

Mashton

How is Spanish speaking ads a marketing tool? The shows I’m watching are in english. Keep spanish speaking commercial on the spanish channel. It’s very annoying to see these ads.