Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustytoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Pandora no longer working on Roku!

Can't seem to allow Roku to go to the second song on Pandora.

Screensaver on Roku set for 1 minute, Play Pandora app, song plays but after 1 minute Roku screensaver comes on (not Pandora's music screensaver like it use to for years), Roku box light turns off and song finishes but doesn't go to the next one. End of Pandora unless you go back into the app to start it up again...not suppose to do that.

Investigate and advise please!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Dustytoo, my advice would be to disable the screensaver until this is resolved or use a different music channel/app.  I think Roku changed something in the way screensavers work and who knows if or when it will be changed back or fixed.  It's more likely that Pandora will have to update their channel/app to account for the new screensaver behavior, so you may have better results by banging on them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

I have found that if I set the Roku screensaver to 30 minutes, Pandora behaves normally. The internal screensaver in Pandora eventually starts the screen roll, and so far (over a day), the Roku screensaver does not start up and kill the playback. I have not checked to see if the problem reappears with shorter Roku screensaver times.

0 Kudos
Dustytoo
Reel Rookie

@renojim

I think what worked for me was to do a firmware update on my Sony TV.

After doing this and doing that, I looked inside the menu on the TV to see the previous firmware was like 5+ years old !! So with nothing to lose, updated (1.6gb), rebooted the TV and gave it a go. Right out of the box..it now works like it did many years ago only very smooth transition on the Pandora screensavers between songs. No issues at all. So reset the screensaver timeout back to 1 minute and haven't looked back.

Thanks for your suggestions renojim!

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It's working again on mine and I have the screensaver set at 10 minutes.  When I was having the issue I had it at 5 minutes but I'm not sure if the change to 10 minutes was the fix or if Pandora finally fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Started having the same problem on Pandora channel. Plays one tune and does not automatically go to the next song. Worked fine before. What's the fix?

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You have a different issue everyone in this thread had issue with the Roku screen saver kicking on and stopping play of Pandora. This morning my Pandora is working correctly. You might want to restart your device from the menu.

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Turned off screen saver and still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @johnmcfarlandaz

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Pandora or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Pandora and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos