Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsJaye_21
Channel Surfer

Nonfunctional Roku Device

I have a roku device that is only populating anything other than roku. It will not connect. It has been unplugged, reset, and cords changed and still populating roku only. How do I resolve that issue?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nonfunctional Roku Device

@MsJaye_21 

What do you mean "populating roku only?"

It may help to provide the model number of the device. On the menu system, go to Settings > System > About

On the device, the model number is stamped on it somewhere. It's probably four numbers followed by one or two letters.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MsJaye_21
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately, I cannot access anything. It’s just stating Roku, Roku, Roku but will not go any further. No Home Screen or anything to even access the Home Screen or settings. Resetting and unplugging either. 

model: 3930X

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@MsJaye_21 

That is extremely odd. I've never seen a screen that had Roku three times listed as you indicated. Normally, there is a bouncing logo and some music on bootup, but after that, you get the main menu, or the setup screens.

Can you post a picture of the screen you see?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MsJaye_21
Channel Surfer

What you are stating is what it is doing, but it never populates the main screen. It just keep bouncing, then it pauses for a minute and proceeds back to bouncing. 

how long does it normally take because I have tried several times and sat her for a while waiting?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@MsJaye_21 

Okay, I'm following better what is going on. It's doing the bootup logo/music, then when it should proceed to the next, repeats the bootup logo/music.

That's not good. That's not good at all.

So, let's get drastic. Do a full factory reset. With power applied, press/hold the reset button/pinhole (depending on your model) for a full 30 seconds. I say again, a full 30 seconds.

Then, after 30 seconds (a full 30 seconds; I cannot emphasize that enough), release it and see if it boots through to the setup screen.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
MsJaye_21
Channel Surfer

I do the 30 seconds not just once but twice and it’s still bouncing Roku continuously then stating no signal and repeating the cycle. No change. The light on the Roku flashed about 3 times. the model number is 3930X and an number is SO13208YH6S9. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@MsJaye_21 

If you are using the TV's USB port for power, try using the provided power adapter and plug your Roku device into the wall outlet.  (can also use a 5volt, 1amp cell phone charger/adapter supply if cannot locate original).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

MsJaye_21
Channel Surfer

I have an Android charger cord with a HDMI cord plugged into the tv. That process has been working but I’ll try to plug it directly into the wall to see if it changes anything.  

that actually worked. Thank y’all kindly 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.