Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hound77

Re: No longer highlighting the channel icons

I thought I’d never fix it when I stumble on the fix one day. Just change your wallpaper to something white (such as winter scape)

Hound77

I changed my wallpaper to a light colored wallpaper (winter scene) and it fixed alll these issues. 

Hound77

Change your wallpaper to a lighter one. 

Randman
Reel Rookie

Same here - using a Roku stick.  Annoying

0 Kudos
Randman
Reel Rookie

Not the TV.  It's the latest ROKU software download, it's impacting every device running Roku.

0 Kudos
Randman
Reel Rookie

Danny, this is not a power-cycle issue.  My Roku stick is rebooted from full power-off every day because I power it from the TV USB port.  This started when the cute little Disney icon showed up on the home page.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Randman

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-image of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TIversen

Putting back to the default theme then back to my chosen theme and wallpaper fixed this issue.  Highlighted boxes are now displayed again on the large icons before selecting the streaming channel.  Thanks

SharPei-USA
Reel Rookie

I had this exact issue. It all started when my Roku glitched and became unresponsive to the point that trying to go to the Home Screen (by hitting Exit) did not even work. I unplugged the Roku Ultra device for about a minute. When I plugged it back in and it booted up I was in this situation where the "Highlighted selections" did not show up. I finally fixed it by doing what others suggested and changing the Wallpaper / Theme. I still want to know WHY this happens and how to fix it without changing the wallpaper. This is the first time that my Roku ever glitched so bad that I had to unplug it. I have had apps crash before but never the Roku OS itself.  I was worried that the device was "dead" because of an electronics failure!

0 Kudos
cadman1
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I went to a dynamic "Spring" as my wall to paper and apps are again highlighted with a yellow outline which is fine.

0 Kudos