Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chezjim
Binge Watcher

No basic broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, etc)

I just read this morning that Roku has added a ton of new free stations. Good news. The bad news? Suddenly I can't get ANY of the standard broadcast stations (CBS, NBC, ABC, KCAL, etc.)

This is a DISASTER.

19 REPLIES 19
Tburton

Re: No basic broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, etc)

We do not have our local channels either in Okc, only on the Roku! My fire tv is just fine

Rbelfield
Reel Rookie

We have no local channels on the live TV app.

sdcarter00
Channel Surfer

The only way I can watch my OTA channels is disconnect from wifi! This is ridiculous!!!

sdcarter00
Channel Surfer

Can't watch my antenna stations unless I disconnect wifi!

peanutparade
Channel Surfer

NO OVER THE AIR stations in the Tampa Bay area.  Hit the 'live TV' option and instead of local over the air channels I get an unwanted internet fueled station that starts at channel 4400.  I do not want to try and scroll through thousands of stations to try and get back to local station 13.  It actually won't even do that, it stops at channel 115 and then pops back over to channel 4400 something.  

rli
Reel Rookie

We do not have any basic broadcast channels either and we are hard-wired from the cable to the VCR and the VCR to the Roku.  We had them yesterday but not today.  I did as others have done by going and redoing the "Antenna" business - multiple times but no results.  We cannot "play" the VCR tapes through the Roku as well as not being able to choose any basic channels - neither are happening.

Because it's happening to so many people, it looks to me to be a Roku issue.  I double-checked all the cables and they are good and tight.

jonboy120

Same here in Kokomo MS 

sdcarter00
Channel Surfer

I went in to settings, did a network connection reset, local channels will play if not connected to Internet.

Williamt100
Roku Guru

After the recent 'update' to the Live TV app (panel, channel, whatever...), I also lost all of my over-the-air channels on my Roku TV.

Here is what I did to get them back YMMV:

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

I haven't found a way to have both the Antenna Channels and Streaming Channels cooperate. since the Live TV app was updated.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.