Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hopper
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

I’ve been having the same issues forever. I am using a Roku soundbar. Only Netflix freezes (but on rare occasion prime video as well)  it freezes so bad I have to manually remove power. For YEARS you’ve given the same canned reply and not once helped anyone fix this issue with YOUR product.

I've removed the app, cleared the cache, restarted and reinstalled to no avail. It is time to file with the FCC for a faulty device with refusal of support. 

I will be replacing my surround sound and throwing the Roku in the garbage. Complaints will be filed with the BBB and FCC. Time to move to fire stick people! $&@% this scam of a company.

image.jpg

jblanch2
Reel Rookie

Roku is so terrible - and the same unserious replies to everyone experiencing problems with no actual updates on the supposed "investigation" is incredibly insulting to your customers. Stunning levels of dishonesty.

It's also hilarious that I keep seeing ads for "Introducing Roku Pro Series TVs" - you seriously think I am going to buy more **bleep** products from your **bleep** company? Get bent.

@RokuEuniceL 

onn. model 100021258

X00100RXYJCY

S04DL06XYJCY

13.0.0 • build 24062-CE

Netflix Version 5.1 • build 130088002

Tracker ID: CY-246-405

Have deleted and reinstalled Netflix, and done a system restart on Roku device.

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Netflix on my R635 now no longer displays HDR or Dolbyvision. What gives? Any fixes?

0 Kudos

17191772141118642728052947969878.jpg

Same issue here in June of 2024.  Problem will persist for weeks and then go away for days before returning intermittently.  No other apps behave this way, no other smart TV brands in our home do this.

I'll get about ten minutes into whatever I'm watching, the stream will freeze for a second, and the TV reverts back to home screen.

I have tried all suggested fixes, including app removal, clear cache, reset, even factory reset.  All suggestions from Roku so far have not worked.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.