Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSMcDonald
Streaming Star

NO Closed Captions Available at Movieland TV

Jump to solution

My complaint is that Movieland TV does not provide closed captions as required by the Federal American's with Disability Act {ADA}.

For the provider, David Jazz responded, "...The movies shown on Movieland are so old, they likely were never shown with captioning in the first place, And it would be near impossible to determine in any case."

Thank you Mr. Jazz. You are correct Old movies were never shown with captioning in the first place. You neglect to mention that captioning did not exist back then. In recent years other "channels" have successfully made the effort to adhere to the federal Law.

My complaint remains that Movieland TV is apparently not even making an effort to comply with the ADA. Synchronized closed captions is and has been technically available for more than a few years. No more pandering, make an effort to add synchronized closed captions to ALL your movies.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NO Closed Captions Available at Movieland TV

Jump to solution

@SSMcDonald, did you send that to Movieland?  I haven't used the app, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're showing public domain movies.  I don't think there's anything in the ADA Act that covers old movies streamed via the Internet.  If anything, it would be the CVAA and I haven't found anything that states old movies/TV shows that never had captions have to include them now, but you're welcome to look through it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NO Closed Captions Available at Movieland TV

Jump to solution

@SSMcDonald, did you send that to Movieland?  I haven't used the app, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're showing public domain movies.  I don't think there's anything in the ADA Act that covers old movies streamed via the Internet.  If anything, it would be the CVAA and I haven't found anything that states old movies/TV shows that never had captions have to include them now, but you're welcome to look through it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.