Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Yes.  If you are watching Online, it will ask you to sign in each time.  Depending on how long you are "idle".  If you have the APP on your ROKU device, then it will automatically take you there with no sign in.  You have to register each ROKU device though on each TV.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Do you pay $149 for Amazon Prime Video, then watch a "FREEVEE" movie with commercials?

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

If you have your browser remember your login credentials, then it doesn't ask you each time.  UNLESS you have been idle for a long time

0 Kudos
Ahov

I went to newsmack plus.com and signed up for a year . On roku I cannot find where I can download the app or update newsbacks 2 plus period I am not getting any updated news at all . Please tell me how I can get the news max plus on my roku.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

First thing to do is to RESET your ROKU device, by unplugging then plugging back it to reset.  Open ROKU and go to "Search".  Type newsmax,(there is NO Newsmax+PLUS APP) then click "install APP".  Once you do, the NEW version will install and ask you to LOGIN with your Newsmax+ login.  Good luck.  IF, by chance, after you try this and have no success, it's a ROKU issue, so I would contact ROKU cs for help.  It's not a Newsmax issue

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

Not sure, Donna M...

I've had an email customer service request in since Thursday morning to Newsmax - still unanswered. A phone call message this morning (Newsmax was going to call me back) still not a word. Horrible customer service on Newsmax's part. I would estimate Newsmax lost at least 60% of the audience it had accumulated over the years. I suspect more is at stake; Mike Lindell can't pay his lawyers and mypillow advertising is/was dwindling. Then this almost unannounced paywall without any arrangements being made to transition folks like me willing to pay $5 a month. No, I'm giving up. OAN was the same... on Roku every time I wanted to view OAN I had to enter a user name and password - which more times than not didn't recognize me.Conservative news is like conservative politicians; always ready to disappoint. Always promising Kraken and making people like me look like fools chasing after a hoax. Tomorrow morning I cancel my Newsmax+ membership (even the credit card link was not https!)  What a ----show.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Did you try what I told you to.  I understand your frustration.  I felt the same way up till yesterday.  I have to say, though, both times I called newsmax and asked for a callback, I got a callback.  Then this morning I got an e-mail giving instructions how to get into the ROKU.  I agree this was thrown on us, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  What other conservative stations are available???

0 Kudos
Labreeze61
Reel Rookie

Newsmax plus really should have had issues worked out before they changed to subscription.

HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED 😔 I USE TO WATCH NEWSMAX even switching from Fox news to Newsmax. However I am about done with NEWSMAX PLUS before they even got started. I FINALLY have it on my Roku but I have to always input my username and password in THEN to make matters worse it bumps me off and I have to start all over again. Countless of times.

It is not Rokus fault...it is entirely Newsmax. So I will give Newsmax plus until the trial period is over but if it's still a frustrating mess I won't pay for subscription and I ll  be done with NEWSMAX PLUS and back to Fox news I will go. 

0 Kudos
lauriekay
Reel Rookie

It keeps telling me my password is incorrect  - it is not   

it is frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Lori7817
Reel Rookie

It would be nice if Roko would put a channel icon for Newsmax Plus so we could just go there for those of us who paid a subscription. I am overwhelmed at trying to figure out the best place to view Newsmax Plus as each area indicates a different avenue to access this channel.  I'm not a technical person & I just want to watch my "favorites" in the "live tv" areas...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.