Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenie
Streaming Star

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Last night I was able to watch Newsmax+ for about 14 minutes then "you have been logged out" message, repeated attempts to sign in instantly are logged out. And this after I provided my credit card info over a non-https connection. What horrible customer service!

Tksalty

Same thing happened to me. I had to put in payment again but it failed. I finally hot it to work but do I have to login every time I want to watch Newsmax?

0 Kudos
Andy2K
Reel Rookie

Right.  Looks like another news company hears the sound of $$$$.  LOL, shades of Liberal fake news.

So one pays $49.99 a year and does one still have to put up with commercials? 

LisaT0527
Reel Rookie

Was able to log in yesterday afternoon. Went back to news max last night and it wouldn't let me log in until I paid the monthly fee. So I did, and it let me watch. This morning it let me log in again, then logged me out immediately. Only option was to sign up for yearly, which I refused to do. 

Newsmax apparently hasn't heard our complaints and fixed it!

mconneen
Reel Rookie

It worked for me! I rebooted our Roku device and when I chose Newsmax it asked me to subscribe to Newsmax plus. First, I cancelled the subscription that I had already created a couple days ago.  Then I went back to Roku and created a new subscription to be billed by Roku and it worked. We now have Newsmax plus!! You won’t get 2 weeks free but I don’t really care. I just want to be able to watch!

MerryChase

Does it tell you you have been signed out every time you try to watch live? This is seriously pissing me off.

Greenie
Streaming Star

I'd be interested in how long you're able to view Newsmax+ without issue. Can you report back on how it's still working? Also, if I have to enter a password every time I want to watch Newsmax+ there's no way I'll put up with that. I emailed Newsmax customer service yesterday - no answer and tried the toll free number today; a recording explains the call volume is high, they'll call back. It's been almost 5 hours now and no callback.  What a ----show.

I am having the same issue and it is really ticking me off!  It worked at first, then when I went out of the app to go to another channel, it is requiring me to sign again when I went back to Newsmax.  Now I have signed in twice and still get the same error that I am logged out.  I am hoping they work out these bugs soon!

It still doesn’t work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times each time having to start a new subscription. As soon as you go to a different app you have to start all over. Newsmax really screwed things up with this move. Horrible execution on their part. Canceled all Newsmax subscriptions and might look back in a couple months and see if they ever get things working properly. 

DonnaM
Roku Guru

Did you do an "update" to the APP first?  You must update the app before logging in. 

0 Kudos