Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyBobLeeSwag
Reel Rookie

NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Last night out community came together looking for answers. Some of us speculated that things just hadn't been properly updated. Well.....they have heard us and Newsmax & or Roku have gotten it fixed. See below the quoted info. Cheers!🙏🇺🇲🙏🇺🇲🙏🇺🇲🙏

"Dear Newsmax Viewer,

We have exciting news to share with all our Roku users.

Our Newsmax app on Roku devices has been updated to give you the ability to seamlessly watch the Newsmax channel with a Newsmax+ subscription.

Here's how to get started:

If you have automatic updates enabled on your Roku device, the app updates to the latest version automatically.

If you have automatic updates disabled, you can manually update the app to the latest version.

If you encounter any issues accessing our content, our customer support team is here to assist you by email: customerservice@newsmax.com

If you're not a subscriber to Newsmax+, go online to NewsmaxPlus.com to sign up.

You can easily access the Newsmax channel on Newsmax+ using your TV or smartphone app.

Newsmax+ delivers breaking news, expert analysis, and commentary from renowned contributors and political pundits that you can’t find anywhere else."

211 REPLIES 211
sloop1jb
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Doesn't work for me on my Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra.

BillyBobLeeSwag
Reel Rookie

Wonderful 😕 I haven't left work yet to be home so I can check I took others word. Maybe still some updates pushing out. I'll reply with my Roku model and if it's successful or not when I get home.

csmelton
Channel Surfer

YES!!!!
I was able to get Newsmax+ on my Roku!

I just had to update my Roku.

Here’s a link if you need help updating your Roku System Settings:

https://thecomputerguy.co/how-to-get-newsmax-on-roku/

Yeah!!!

sloop1jb
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS ROKU Password Error

Try to log on to Newsmax Plus and keeps getting an error telling me it is an incorrect email or password.

NO WAY. 

DonnaM
Roku Guru

Did you make sure that you "highlighted" the newsmax APP, then hit the * button and click "check for updates" first.  You have to do an update first before you can get the new app to sign into

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS ROKU Password Error

Just click "forgot password".  It will send you an e-mail to reset your newsmax password

0 Kudos
Tinfin

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind trying to figure it out. I did exactly what you suggested, and I have Newsmax plus! I just paid for years subscription and was thinking oh my gosh I just threw my money away! You are awesome

0 Kudos
Tinfin

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind trying to figure it out. I did exactly what you suggested, and I have Newsmax plus! 

0 Kudos
GHS001

Does not work!!  I previously signed up for the "free" trial at newsmaxplus.com.  I have a user ID and password.  Tried to log in 4 times to the app.  It kept trying to get me to sign up (even though it recognized my login credentials).  Keeps pushing me over to the Roku purchase.  I went ahead and resigned up for the monthly payment.  It still kept kicking me out.  Honestly, Newsmax is doing a terrible job rolling this out.  They need to fire their development and project team.  This is absolute incompetence!!!  I really like Newsmax, but I am giving them another day, then I will have to go find another channel to watch.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.